Looking to build your career as you work with a company that is passionate about empowering planning confidence for clients? Welcome to DedON, where our people are our greatest asset. We are growing and are currently looking for your energy, enthusiasm, drive and talent. We’ve got an amazing team across North America and an extensive client base of National and International Brands that is growing every day.
If you think your skill set, drive and talents fit DedON, please forward your Cover Letter, Resume, and Portfolio of work to email@example.com.
We currently have open positions for Building Surveyors and Store Planners in US and Canada.
The Successful Candidate
Our ideal fit is a self motivated, detail oriented, clear communicator who thrives in changing environments. Quality is our company’s main objective, so ensuring every detail of our project documentation and communication is accurate and clearly understood is a key success factor. Travel is required in this position, so you must be willing and able to travel to project locations locally, regionally and even across Canada on short notice. If you value being part of a connected team, want to be hand’s on, and are skilled and interested in architecture & construction, this position is for you.
A ‘Building Surveyor’, known at DedON as a Field Agent, is responsible for investigating and documenting existing building conditions. A Field Agent utilizes an AutoCAD loaded laptop and their laser measuring device to document as-built conditions within active retail, restaurant, hotel and commercial properties. They also investigate exterior walls, flat roofs, structure and MEP systems (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) to produce a comprehensive package of building information. The Field Agent is connected and supported by a team that provides clear instructions, in-field guidance and specific improvement feedback. Regular local, regional or national travel is a requirement of the job, but appeals to those who love architecture but don’t want the routine of sitting at a desk. This position is hands-on architecture in the real world.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- All Equipment, transportation and training provided by DedON.
- Cost of traveling charged to company credit card.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- ability to work independently & part of a team
- documenting existing building conditions
- drawing in AutoCAD (Revit an asset)
- effective time management
- consistently produce error & omission free work
- following documented project instructions
- deliver completed project by set due dates
- planning & booking travel
- traveling (flying & driving)
- out of town trips may periodically extend to two weeks
- representing the company in a professional manner when on-site and when interacting with clients.
- manage travel expenses to align with project budget goals
- arranging access to job sites, coordinating building access with current tenants and building owners
Education and Experience
- diploma or degree in drafting, architecture, engineering, interior design or similar
- ability to read and represent buildings in plan, elevation & section drawings
- advanced knowledge and proficiency in AutoCAD
- moderate knowledge and proficiency in Revit an asset
- Key competencies
- focus on quality (accurate & whole)
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
- planning and organizing
- clear & timely communication skills
- team work
Send Your Resume To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Retail Support team operates as part of the Store Planning Department for major retailers. This includes daily updates to AutoCAD drawings, converting CAD layouts to Revit models and supporting upcoming Store projects. We organize, analyze and communicate Store layout information in support of our Customer’s strategies. This role is ideal if you are looking to enter the Store planning industry; with 0 – 3 years of experience.
This role may periodically require you to travel from our Mississauga office (401 and Winston Churchill) to various customer offices within the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).
Please note this role has minimal design work.
Prerequisite Technical Skills
- AutoCAD 2012 or higher
- AutoDesk Revit 2012 or higher
- Post‐secondary Architectural Education
- Microsoft Office 2010
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrates strong communication skills; written and verbal
- Demonstrates personal organizational skills
- Executes tasks with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Exhibits time management, analytical and problem‐solving skills
- Experience working in the retail industry
- Competitive Salary
- 3 weeks vacation, which includes the company shut‐down between
- Christmas and New Years
- Health Benefits
Send Your Resume To: email@example.com